Not A Member?!
IfIAm.com is a service of Media Information Exchange, and is provided to you, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"). It is the visitor and member's responsibility to periodically review these TOS as they are subject to change at any time and without any notice. Your acceptance of these TOS is mandatory to use the IfIAm.com website. You may acknowledge your acceptance of these TOS by clicking on the "I ACCEPT" box below.
IfIAm.com ("IIA") provides its members with access to various communications tools that may be used to share information and ideas about professions, careers, life-choices, trials, tribulations, and current events through its on-line mediums (the "Service").
To use the Service, you agree to (a) provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form and (b) maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or IIA has reasonable ground to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, IIA has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service.
4. CLIENT ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
When you register with IfIAm.com, you will create an account username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify IIA of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. IIA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
5. MEMBER CONDUCT
You understand that all data, text, graphics, messages or other materials ("Content") are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, transmit, email or upload via the Service. IIA does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, completeness or usefulness of such Content. You therefore acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by IIA or submitted to IIA.
5a. MESSAGE BOARDS
This website contains certain message boards that are provided as a free service to members who agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. IIA assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of information, views, opinions or advice in any material on a message board contained on this website. In addition, it does not endorse any opinions or recommendations posted by others. The information posted here is the responsibility of the person or persons posting the message. Any user who violates the terms and conditions listed herein may be permanently banned from posting messages herein.
You are entirely responsible and liable for any message you post or any message that is posted through your account. You agree to refrain from the following actions while using a message board on this website:
- harassing, threatening, embarrassing or causing distress or discomfort upon another individual or entity;
- transmitting any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, invasive of another's privacy, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonating any person, including but not limited to an IIA employee;
- posting or transmitting any advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation, including but not limited to "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters";
- posting or transmitting third-party copyrighted information or in any way infringing on the intellectual property rights, contractual or fiduciary rights of others;
- starting a thread on a message board that has to do with a stock or stocks (any message found under such thread may be deleted without prior notice);
- posting improper messages that are not related to that particular message thread or post more than 15 messages in six hours;
- violating any applicable local, state, national or international law.
You agree that IIA in its sole discretion may remove posts by you or terminate your account if it believes that you may have in any way violated the terms and conditions contained herein, or any subsequent modifications. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your account and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. IIA shall not be liable to you or any third party for the termination of your account or any claims related to your termination. IIA does not prescreen, monitor or edit messages posted on its message boards. Nonetheless, IIA reserves the right to monitor or remove any information transmitted or received through the message boards. We rely on our members to bring violations to our attention, although we do not guarantee any action based upon such information.
IIA and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. Therefore, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by IIA or submitted to IIA, including without limitation information in IIA Message Boards, and in all other parts of the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that IIA may preserve Content and may disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the TOS; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of IIA, its members and the public.
IIA does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to IIA or post, upload, input or submit to IIA for review by the general public. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Content you are granting IIA, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Content in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses, including without limitation to the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Content; to publish your name in connection with your Content; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the IIA Service.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Content, as provided herein. IIA is under no obligation to post or use any Content you may provide and IIA may remove any Content at any time in its sole discretion.
5d. TECHNICAL PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
At this point in time, this Service is provided to you at no cost. However, should IIA choose to amend these TOS and charge a fee for this Service or any parts of the Service herein, you agree to pay the subscribed amount to be determined at such time.
You understand that all promotions are subject to these TOS, and that all promotional items and periods may not, under any circumstances, be extended past the original promotion end date, except at the sole and exclusive discretion of IIA.
IIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to terminate your access to any or all of the IfIAm.com site/service at any time, without notice. IIA may also terminate or suspend your access to IIA for inactivity, which is defined as failing to log into the site/service for an extended period of time. IIA shall have no obligation to maintain any content that may be associated with your membership account.
8. STORAGE SPACE
The amount of storage space per member is limited. Some messages may not be processed due to space constraints. You agree that IIA is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages or other information.
The Service may provide links to other World Wide Websites and resources. Because IIA has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that IIA is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that IIA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. This site is controlled and operated by IfIAm.com from its offices within the United States. IfIAm.com makes no representation that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this site are illegal is prohibited. Further, IfIAm.com makes no representation that the services available for use on this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and use of such services from territories where such use is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from other locations, you do so on your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
11. USE OF SITE BY MINORS
IIA believes in the power of kids and we urge both kids and their parents to use and enjoy our website. We encourage the interactive nature of online media, and work to educate parents and kids about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when traveling on the Web. IIA is committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Our information collection practices are described above. We urge kids to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don't know.
IIA will disclose personal information about kids, without notice, only if required to do so by law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of IIA, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You agree to indemnify and hold IIA, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
WITH REGARD TO MESSAGE BOARDS:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- IIA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (1) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (2) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (3) THE RESULTS AND RESPONSES THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (4) THE OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (5) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. MEMBER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IIA IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER MEMBERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH MEMBER.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM IIA OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF MESSAGE BOARDS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IIA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THESE MESSAGE BOARDS. IIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- IIA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ITS MESSAGE BOARDS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL, AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS ON THIS WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
- IIA, AND ITS SUBSIDARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CO-BRANDERS OR OTHER PARTNERS, AND EMPLOYEES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS CONTAINED ON ITS WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON CONTENT CONTAINED IN ITS MESSAGE BOARDS. IIA, AND ITS SUBSIDARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, CO-BRANDERS OR OTHER PARTNERS, AND EMPLOYEES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF IIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (d) STATEMENTS OF CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (e) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.
SOME JURIDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 11 AND 12 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IIA respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, IIA agrees to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, a member's account that has infringed the rights of other copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify IIA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
These TOS are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Any litigation relating directly or indirectly to these TOS will be brought before the appropriate federal or state court in the State of Florida, and you submit to personal jurisdiction of such a court.
If you have any questions concerning these Terms of Service, please contact site administrator at email@example.com.